INSTA-MY-GRAM

Thursday, October 28, 2010

FOUND: Snowflakes

I was going through my daily ritual of reading LAist.com and found a post about snowflakes...

It put a snowflake in my eye. (mostly because my desk is under the AC)

Anyway, I was struck by one man's vision of bringing the simplicity of what nature provides us under a microscope... the snowflakes like the human race... no two are alike. And for that, I am grateful.

Isn't it mesmerizing? My snowboard begs to come out of hibernation, I am ready to indulge him.


"Here in sunny Southern California we don't get to take an up-close look at snowflakes very often--if at all--and hardly anyone in the world gets to look at them the way Caltech physics professor Ken Libbrecht has.

Libbrecht's photographs of snowflakes have just been awarded the 2010 Lennart Nilsson Award, which is an annual prize given for scientific and medical photography, reports the Pasadena Star-News. Libbrecht will be presented with the prize in Stockholm next week.

Here's a look at just a few of the amazing snowflake images for which Libbrecht won his award."- laist



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive