INSTA-MY-GRAM

Monday, January 18, 2010

FOUND: MO-MA- MU-SEUM STORE

What is a museum visit... without a visit to its store...

walls and walls of crisply printed art books waiting for my fingerprints...

cases of odd asymmetrical jewelry pieces you are convinced your eccentric aunt will gift you next Christmas...

overly-designed housewares purchased more because of its cocktail party non-versation potential over its alleged superior functionality....


LOVE IT ALL!


This museum sold a book that I have wanted since the day I first met Henri who let me look out his impassioned eye & opened me up to photojournalism. Henri, Henri Cartier-Bresson, that is, co-founded a photo co-op that is incredibly influential (even today) named Magnum. There is a coffee-table book available- MAGNUM DEGREES- that I thumb through every time I see it... it is a staple in most museum stores.


Mental Note: Indulge & Purchase the next time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive