INSTA-MY-GRAM

Thursday, November 4, 2010

FOUND: Baking

Does anyone else get excited when you look at these images?

I want to play.

But first I will let myself be mesmerized by the food designs.

My inner child-demon wants to swipe my hand across the image... for some reason, my eyes don't like perfection and balance ( My bedroom would be an accurate example of that). When it comes to these photos, I like the rough edges of the torn peels and the cascading of the flour tumbling down... I find beauty in the texture and randomness of it all.



Everyone's favorite homewares purveyor Ikea has just published a collection of baking recipes called Hembakat är Bäst (Homemade Is Best). Sure, knowing how to make Princess Cake is fine and dandy, but the volume is illustrated with some of the most inventive cookbook photography we've ever seen: Styled by Evelina Bratell and photographed by Carl Kleiner, the pristine arrangements of ingredients are so stark and geometric that they verge on the abstract. The good news is that the book is completely free; the bad news is that the only place you can get it is in the kitchen section of Ikea stores — in Sweden.
York http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/09/ikea_has_just_published_their.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nymag%2Fgrubstreet+%28Grub+Street+-+nymag.com%27s+Food+and+Restaurant+Blog%29#ixzz14L9sIvEa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive