INSTA-MY-GRAM

Sunday, May 23, 2010

FOUND: $20 Fresh & Easy

Most of you know I frequent the Hollywood Farmer's Market every Sunday, rain or shine. What most of you don't know, is that I typically go as early as my body allows me, so as to avoid the crowds...the heat... and get first picks on all the good fresh produce. Oh and usually I go alone, as it is much more efficient.

Today, I really got a solid bang for my $20 bucks and to top it off, I was in/out in less than 30 minutes. Here's my strategy: keep a wad of cash in hand, throughout the experience.... don't put the money in your wallet. Remember your favorite vendors locations and don't forget to carry exact change.

So Today I got :

1 Bunch of Broccolini
1 Bunch of Pea Shoots
1 Basket of Strawberries
1 Basket of Heirloom Tomatoes
1 Loaf of Sourdough Rosemary & Garlic Bread
4 Lemons
5 Avocados
1 bunch of mint
1 Bean & cheese papusa
and
1 Strawberry Lemonade!

Come on, you can't beat- LOCAL / CHEAP/ FRESH/ AND ORGANIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment