INSTA-MY-GRAM

Thursday, July 28, 2011

FOUND: moko

Went to a {**b-a-f-t-a**} event, yes I'm dropping a name, but only because I paid annual dues to them this year and I figure I should get my moneys worth. Starting now. Why not go big with a name drop.


Now let me start with, moko might not even be worthy of typing the four letters that make up it's name. Now don't get me wrong, the food was sensational, however it was all free, so it's hard to be a fair judge. All in all, the real reason I was there for was technically for free dumplings.... Damn I love me a good man-doo.





So I schleped my sister as my official last minute +1 (for life), I bought drinks and chauffeured her, let's be honest, it had to be a fair exchange to get her on board this train.

She willingly picked us up some Brits standing barside while I was harvesting dumplings at the appetizer table.

It was a good 'ole time...





On a more pressing matter,I worried it was obvious to the event planners that I'm only a Brit by passport and not by birth. What clued me in was how they strategically gave me a Blue Colored Visitor "hello my name is" nametag, when I should have had a Red Colored Member one.

I'm left thinking, it was probably one of two things: my pseudo-Madonna lilt in my voice, or my Paul Smith scarf that screamed to the hostess at the door: Look at me I'm trying to be a Brit. I'm not an authentically real one, so I have to put it on.

Needless to say, one of those two things immediately tipped her off to classify me as an outsider. It hurt.

Lesson Learned.

I'll be sure to take it to a higher level of authenticity and stop brushing my teeth entirely, as my newly rotting smile will surely get me my deserved Red badge at the next event.

I'm not sour, just a tad bitter.... But that must come with not being a Brit, but instead only being Brit-ISH.




- Typed on iPhone , sorry for iMistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive