INSTA-MY-GRAM

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LOST: 433

As I sit in my childhood home for the final time....( While it is still technically my home), I can not help but feel grateful for what happy memories it housed for me during my lifetime.



I'm not a "new agey" person, but the vibes/energy/power of this house are on an extraordinary level and provide that safe sanctuary feeling that all home aspire to supply their residents. It could be because it is on the best block, on the best side of the street, in the best neighborhood, in the best city in the world. Full stop. Not that I'm biased at all.



It is hard to close the door to this house one last time. Although the new family who bought it graciously informed me the doors are always open. The sweetest part of this story is that the younger son of the family remembered mine as I did his - Halloween costume this past year. I being an In-n-out girl and he a three blind mouse.... It was wild that we had a connection on Halloween night when I was at the house giving out candy. Only more fitting that we should be passing our home along to them.

On a more somber note: I'm typing this post on my family couch realizing that the sounds of my parents voices that I am listening to now that are echoing throughout these rooms will no longer echo the same way they do now. As they no longer carry the sounds that were held before the Bennett clan laid their roots down, I want to take a line to remember the moments like these that made the house what it is and was to us all.

There was no real privacy in this house and for that reason I am most thankful, We shared every moment with each other all the time. The good, the better, and the best.


I will save the blog from the lengthy list of memories that made this house the best.... But for now, I must pass the salute along and declare: West Is Best! (as it was hung between two trees, written on a sheet one Halloween, to let our across the street neighbors know who was the reigning champs of the HP annual halloween war!)

- Typed on iPhone , sorry for iMistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment