INSTA-MY-GRAM

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FOUND: Milo greene

No, it wasn't my intention going for an abstract blur effect with this photo.
Yes, it is true, this photo is fantastically awful. I confess, I was so dazzled by this band that taking a photo to document the night only really came as an after thought. Looking down at the photo to check it's greatness was not worth the distraction.


I knew I was going specifically to see Milo Greene, but I had no idea how good they were actually going to be.

Like Local Natives, they know how to harmonize my socks off. Their energy radiated so much that even this wallflower found herself swaying. I rarely focus on the drum... I usually get caught in the bright bass lines myself... But the throbbing drums driving the songs did not go unnoticed. In fact, it was very noticed,

My stiff legs propping myself between a concrete stair and a decorative table, noodled at the first note of the first song and I knew that I had been won over.

It turned into one of those nights you wished you were with someone to share the delicious melodies. I couldn't keep this tasty musical nugget to myself, so I figured I would spread word now, so when the band returns to LA I will have listening partners already lined up.

You heard it here first: they will be selling out the Wiltern by next November. Enjoy them while they are still cheap, intimate, and accessible.... It tastes so much better that way.


- Typed on iPhone , sorry for iMistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive