Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Libbrecht's photographs of snowflakes have just been awarded the 2010 Lennart Nilsson Award, which is an annual prize given for scientific and medical photography, reports the Pasadena Star-News. Libbrecht will be presented with the prize in Stockholm next week.
Here's a look at just a few of the amazing snowflake images for which Libbrecht won his award."- laist
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Although the ride was fun in concept, we ended up wanting a faster ride... no one acted as corks... and no corkage = lots of stops.
It's clobberin' time!
My spidey sense is tingling!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Molly's Charbroiled Burger House has been around since my earliest childhood memories. It is a funkly little burger joint lined with stools, but no real dining seating. A welcoming front for the Hollywood straggler wandering by alone and hungry for a quick griddley fried meal.
NEXT TIME... there will be a next time! I made a promise to myself as a child that, I too, will sit at that stool on Vine and eat a Charbroiled Burger.
Come on, you can't beat a $20 3 -course set menu with an $8 corkage. Especially if means you are eating the juiciest and most flavorful chicken of your life!
I found a woman who has agreed to have her hair cut on the street, no it wasn't me, though I did considered it. It was only $20. Quite frankly the guy did a phenomenal job on the gal who was draped in his black hairdresser cape.
I will have to consult with this hairdressing wonder, we will have to map out territories... he may have downtown, but I claim Hollywood! I smell a new reality show in the workings! Just need a snappy show name.
Last night I went to THE GORBALS to support my friend, Will Wright, and his night of Readers.
We all know you could easily profit off of this night by charging and alas, you spend your limited free time to create a penny-free event for free thinkers.
Monday, October 25, 2010
1 Metro + 3 Bikes + 3 Bennett Ladies = 1 dia de adventuras
The three of us decided we would spend the day car-free.
If you haven't yet had the pleasure of experiencing Bike-metro'ing , you are missing out like if you haven't had jelly with peanut butter. Let me tell you, with our clean, fast, and reliable metro system, it is best paired with a bike.
If you need any tips or are a little nervous to do this experience by yourself, just let me know, I will be there to hold your handlebars for you.
Friday, October 22, 2010
Nothing better than a house party that is filled with people passing around an orange picnic chair backpack, walls filled with stuffed animals, Mao the Mouse, and wait.... Did I mention.... I am pregnant?
- ► 2011 (398)
- FOUND: SANITY!!
- FOUND: Snowflakes
- FOUND: BIke Costumes
- FOUND: FOUR LOKO
- FOUND: TOUR DE FAT
- FOUND: Super-Lucy
- FOUND: Phantom @ the Pantages
- FOUND: Hamburglar
- FOUND: Working Hard for the Money
- FOUND: BBQ in the Heart of Hollywood
- FOUND: Molly's Charbroiled Burger House
- FOUND: The Park (on Sunset)
- FOUND: CLEO
- FOUND: Phantom Hairdresser
- FOUND: Antoine Dodson
- FOUND: Succulents =suckfree
- FOUND: Portaoke
- FOUND: The Gorbals
- FOUND: Are you a Peggy or Joan?
- FOUND: Butternut Brooks
- FOUND: LA Metro
- FOUND: House Zoo/ Party
- FOUND: Umami with my production-mates
- FOUND: A mask
- FOUND: Purple Hair
- FOUND: Pumpkin Carving
- FOUND: Fall in Michigan - part 2
- FOUND: Fall in Michigan - part 1
- FOUND: Placido & The Ox
- FOUND: Sage Vaughn
- FOUND: SEED-Bombs
- FOUND: HAY JUDE
- FOUND: Hay Hay Hay
- FOUND: Haunted Hay Ride
- FOUND: Dia De Los Muertos Altar Making
- FOUND: Tour De Fat
- FOUND: FALL HARVEST CALENDAR
- FOUND: Artisanal LA
- FOUND: Henri Cartier-Bresson
- FOUND: MAN HAN TANG
- FOUND: The Bar
- FOUND: Balloon Bass & Hat
- FOUND: Beauty Bar
- FOUND: Spring Street
- FOUND: Tears of Jar
- FOUND: CLUB L (for Lucy)
- FOUND: CICLAVIA Part 4
- FOUND: Fall in Michigan, Fall in LA
- FOUND: CICLAVIA Part 3- Hollenbeck Park
- FOUND: Work Pumpkin
- FOUND: Network Notes
- FOUND: Scoops on Heliotrope
- FOUND: Breathtaking Bridge Biking
- FOUND: CICLAVIA
- FOUND: Balloon Necklace
- FOUND: LA ART WALK- is Alive !!!
- FOUND: Local Natives Part 2
- FOUND: The Pacific Dining Car , Late Eats
- FOUND: THE LAZY OX CANTEEN
- FOUND: Construction Succulents
- FOUND:RADD is RAD
- FOUND: Million Dollar Theater
- FOUND: Broken Bells at the Wiltern
- FOUND: My Final Meal
- FOUND: Test Kitchen
- FOUND: Paradise Circus, Paradise to the ears.
- FOUND: Katie LA Tri-ing
- FOUND: BI-BIM-BAPPING
- ▼ October (68)